Cross-Border Harmonized
Flood Risk Reduction 2.2
– Construction measures in the Mura River Basin

The Frisco 2.2 project (Cross-Border Harmonized Flood Risk Reduction 2.2 – Construction measures in the Mura River Basin) is implemented within the framework of the INTERREG VA Slovenia – Croatia 2014 – 2020 Cross-border Cooperation Program. The project will implement structural measures to reduce the flood risk in the Mura River Basin namely the reconstruction of the Sveti Martin embankment on the Mura, on the Croatian side of the river, and the construction of the high-water embankment near Benica, on the Slovenian side of the river.

The FRISCO 2.2 project is a continuation of bilateral cooperation activities under the Cohesion Policy Operational Program in Slovenia and Croatia for the harmonized reduction of flood risk, which began in this programming period with the FRISCO 1 non-construction planning project. The results of the already completed FRISCO 1 project are proposed construction solutions to reduce flood risk in transboundary basins, namely – FRISCO 2.1 project on the Sotla River, FRISCO 2.2 project on the Mura River, FRISCO 2.3 on the Drava and Kolpa rivers. All projects are funded by the INTERREG V-A Slovenia – Croatia cooperation program. The aim of the project activities is to reduce flood risk considering climate change, to protect and improve the living conditions of the population, and to protect the environment.

Področje izvedbe Projekta Frisco 2.2
0
European Regional Development Fund
0
Partners from own resources

Sources of financing

The total value of the project is € 2,995,195.19, of which 85% (€ 2,545,915.91) is funded by the European Union from the European Regional Development Fund under the European territorial cooperation goal INTERREG VA Slovenia – Croatia for the period 2014 – 2020. The rest 15% (€ 449,279.28) is funded by project partners from own resources.

On cross-border cooperation

The INTERREG V-A Slovenia-Croatia Cooperation Program provides a framework for cross-border cooperation between Slovenia and Croatia in the 2014 – 2020 financial perspective. The purpose of cross-border cooperation is to tackle the challenges identified as common in the border area, using the potential for growth and enhancing cooperation for the overall united development of the European Union.

The goal of cooperation

The aim of the cooperation program is to promote a sustainable, safe and vibrant border area by promoting smart approaches to the conservation, mobilization and management of natural and cultural resources for the benefit of people who live and work in the area or visit it.

About the embankment at Benica

The location of the future embankment near Benica is on the left bank of the Mura River, in the Republic of Slovenia, approximately 450 meters away from the settlement Benica in the Municipality of Lendava. The construction of an embankment near Benica on the left side of the river will connect the existing embankments of the Ledava and Mura rivers.

The location of the future embankment near Benica is on the left bank of the Mura River, in the Republic of Slovenia, approximately 450 meters away from the settlement Benica in the Municipality of Lendava. The construction of an embankment near Benica on the left side of the river will connect the existing embankments of the Ledava and Mura rivers.

About the Sveti Martin na Muri embankment

The Sveti Martin na Muri embankment is located on the right side of the Mura River, in the border floodplain in the Republic of Croatia, on the territory of the Municipality of Sveti Martin na Muri.

Works on the embankment reconstruction include the partial alteration of the route, the overhang, the increase of the transverse profile, and the construction of the service route. The embankment is 2,000 meters long, a trapezoidal transverse profile with slopes of 1: 3 ratio, and a crown of four meters in width.

Basic project information

  •  Project partners: Water directorate of the Republic of Slovenia and Croatian Waters.
  •  Project duration: 24 months (September 1, 2018 – August 31, 2020).
  •  Financing: through the INTERREG V-A Slovenia – Croatia Cooperation Program 2014 – 2020.
  •  Total value of the project: € 2,995,195.19, of which 85% is from the ERDF, 15% own resources from partners.
  •  Area: The border area of the Mura River near settlements Benica and Sveti Martin na Muri.

Copyright © 2019 Frisco 2.2 All rights reserved.