About the Frisco 2.2 project
The Frisco 2.2 project (Cross-Border Harmonized Flood Risk Reduction 2.2 – Construction measures in the Mura River Basin) is implemented within the framework of the INTERREG VA Slovenia – Croatia 2014 – 2020 Cross-border Cooperation Program. The project will implement structural measures to reduce the flood risk in the Mura River Basin namely the reconstruction of the Sveti Martin embankment on the
Mura, on the Croatian side of the river, and the construction of the high-water embankment near Benica, on the Slovenian side of the river.
Basic project information
- Project partners: Water directorate of the Republic of Slovenia and Croatian Waters.
- Project duration: 24 months (September 1, 2018 – August 31, 2020).
- Financing: through the INTERREG V-A Slovenia – Croatia Cooperation Program 2014 – 2020.
- Total value of the project: € 2,995,195.19, of which 85% is from the ERDF, 15% own resources from partners.
- Area: The border area of the Mura River near settlements Benica and Sveti Martin na Muri.
Water directorate of Republic of Slovenia